Residential Conveyancing when you are selling
OUR CONVEYANCING SERVICES FOR SELLERS INCLUDE:
- Maintaining regular contract with you to ensure you are always kept up to date with the progress of your sale
- Clarifying in simple terms your rights and obligations under the terms of the contract
- Conducting and providing advice on a title search of the property to ensure that there are no third-party interests affecting the property that you may not be aware of and that may place you in default of the contract
- Monitoring any preconditions to the contract to ensure the buyer fulfils their obligations under those preconditions. For example, a buyer must act reasonably when attempting to terminate a contract if they are not satisfied with their building and pest inspection or, where a contract is subject to a buyer obtaining finance, the buyer must be able to demonstrate that they had taken reasonable steps to obtain finance before terminating
- Checking the accuracy of the transfer documents prepared by the buyer’s solicitor and arranging for you to properly execute those transfers prior to settlement
- Coordinating settlement arrangements with the buyer’s solicitor and your mortgagee and ensuring your mortgage is properly discharged
It’s a big decision to sell your home. For many people, buying and selling property are the biggest and most involved financial transactions you will make in your life. As well, the complexities involved with selling a home can be overwhelming and confusing, plus moving on from your old home can often be an emotional and stressful time. It can be hard to know where to start.
It’s important to thoroughly understand the selling process in Queensland, so that you can get the best outcome from your sale. You need to know the right time to sell your home so as to maximise your profits, as well as how to get the best price when you sell. You’ll need to discover the current Queensland market value of your property, as well as exactly how much selling your home will cost you. On top of that, you’ll need to determine the best way to sell your house, as well as how to prepare and market your home to attract the right buyer. And you definitely can’t forget about the legal steps you need to take and legal requirements you need to meet both before and after selling your house.
There’s a lot to know and find out about the entire process of selling a property – which can be daunting and overwhelming if you’ve never undertaken this process before. If you’re like many people, it’s easy to feel that you’re out of your depth. There are also many pitfalls in the process to avoid, including:
- A lack of understanding of the complexities of Queensland real estate and property law. This can lead to costly errors and legal headaches.
- Failing to meet all the special conditions. All special conditions must be reasonable and able to be met in a timely manner.
- Pricing your home incorrectly. Under-pricing your home will prevent you from getting a good financial return on your investment, while over-pricing your home will lead to sluggish (or non-existent) sales.
- Selling your home at the wrong time of year. This may make it much harder to sell your house, or you might get a lower price than expected.
The solution? Using the services of a licensed conveyancer to make the process of selling your Queensland home simple, straightforward and smooth. A conveyancer will help you with:
- Negotiating the sale price
- Meeting your contractual and legal obligations
- Meeting your financial obligations
- Preparing a bulletproof contract
- Managing all the documentation
- Meeting necessary timelines
- Meeting special contract conditions
In short, a licensed conveyancer will take the complexity, stress and hassles out of the selling process for you, leaving you with confidence and peace of mind that your property sale will proceed smoothly.
Can I sell my Queensland property without a conveyancer?
While you are not legally required to use the services of a conveyancer, it is highly recommended. It’s ill-advised to attempt a conveyance yourself in order to save money, as chances are going it alone will cost you more in the long run. Without fully understanding the complexities of Queensland law, you can quickly find yourself in the sort of trouble that will cost you much more than a conveyance fee. The laws surrounding property sales are involved and complicated, and you will be held liable if you make a mistake. Attempting to sell your property yourself will usually make the whole process slower and much more inefficient as well.
It’s wiser to get professional help when selling your property, as most people simple don’t have the required knowledge to successfully undertake conveyancing. Using a licensed conveyancer will save you time, money and stress, and will help protect your assets.
Why choose GM Law for your property conveyance?
GM Law makes the highest quality law services available at reasonable rates. We are all about hassle-free and easy conveyancing that protects your rights and gets you through to settlement with speed and ease. For more detailed information on how we can assist you to sell your Queensland property, call 1300 645 013.
Thank you for all your help and patience over the last few months. We would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone who requires a Conveyancing Paralegal as you have done an excellent job with the minimum of fuss and a high professional standard.Ken and Sylvia Gibbs of NSW (Labrador Qld property)
Hi GM Lawyers, thanks so much for all of your assistance in making sure our purchase went smoothly. Your attention to detail was awesome and I will definitely be recommending you to everyone needing assistance with conveyancing. I really appreciated that we were regularly kept up to date as required. Your willingness to assist me with any questions that I had was fantastic and I can’t thank you enough for your warm, personable professionalism. I look forward to you assisting us with our future purchases. Thanks again!Julie
It was just such a pleasant experience for us to let you guys deal with all these issues for us. You are simply the best. We sure will refer GM Lawyers to our friends.Eric
Thanks for your help, you have been brilliant and I would recommend you guys to anyone that asks.Gabrielle Davey
Thank you for managing the sale… process was very smooth and great communication.Paul
We are very happy with the service you are providing to us, and will be sure to refer you to all our friends.Vanja Perovic-Vukotic, Sunnybank, Qld
We really appreciated your expertise and efficiency on the sale of our home. We will definitely be spreading the word and keeping GM Lawyers details handy for when requiring your services again. Thanks again and congratulations to you on a job well done!Jane & David Barker, Southport, Qld
Thank you for your professional, courteous and straightforward service!Liz