All your Gold Coast conveyancing needs
If you’re looking to buy or sell property on the Gold Coast, you need an experienced conveyancer to help guide you through the process.
At GM Law, we’ve been delivering reliable and affordable Gold Coast conveyancing services for over 25 years. We can manage the entire process for you, offering professional legal support.
Not only are we trusted by many customers in the Brisbane and Gold Coast area, we’re highly rated by top Queensland real estate agents. We’ve worked extensively in the suburbs of Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Southport, Robina, Oxenford and the surrounding areas.
Our aim is to guide you through your property journey, ensuring you’re fully informed and supported every step of the way.
Why work with us?
- Our conveyancing rates are affordable, without compromising on quality or experience. That means a more efficient service for you and your family.
- We’re legally trained solicitors, not just conveyancers. With legal knowledge and extensive experience, you know you’re in safe hands with GM Law.
- We’re locals! Having operated in the Gold Coast area since 1994, we know the quirks of its attractive property market. This insider knowledge means we can ensure the best result for you. Stop by our office at any time for a friendly chat.
Our fixed fee conveyancing services for buyers and sellers include
Conveyancing For buyersWe offer expert conveyancing services that explain all legal documentation to you in clear terms. You’ll have peace of mind when you sign on the dotted line, making buying a new property an exciting – rather than stressful – time. We work with you throughout each step of the process.
- We review your contract with a fine-toothed comb. Hidden third-party rights or stipulations can affect your property. We uncover whether your property is affected by these and ensure that all information is accurate.
- We clarify your rights and obligations under the contract, in simple terms. We use plain English to outline the requirements for the buyer.
- We uncover any preconditions. We ensure any preconditions, such as finance approval or pest and building inspections, are brought to light.
- We prepare your documentation. We prepare and assist with the payment of transfer duty and the execution of transfer documentation.
- We ensure proper adjustment of price to be paid at settlement. We outline water rates, council rates and any other outgoings that need to be taken into account.
- We facilitate purchase settlement. We ensure that both the buyer’s and seller’s financiers and solicitors attend settlement.
- We ensure lawful property transfer over to you. We can help you become registered as the new owner of the property.
Conveyancing For sellersWhen you need help moving on from your property, you want to know you’re in safe hands. Our conveyancing services are carried out by highly trained solicitors who can make the process practical, efficient and straightforward. We’ll guide you through the entire process.
- We maintain regular contact. We ensure you’re always kept up to date with the process and developments in your sale.
- We clarify your rights and obligations under the contract, in simple terms. We use plain English to outline the requirements for the vendor.
- We conduct and advise on a title search of the property. We can uncover any third-party interests affecting the property that you may not be aware of, as these may place you in default of the contract.
- We monitor any preconditions. We ensure that the buyer fulfils their obligations outlined under the set preconditions. For instance, the buyer needs to act reasonably when attempting to terminate the contract for any reason.
- We ensure accuracy of transfer documents. We review the documents prepared by the buyer’s solicitor and our expert team will arrange appropriate execution prior to settlement.
- We coordinate settlement arrangements. We work with your mortgagee and the buyer’s solicitor to properly discharge your mortgage.
What is conveyancing?
Conveyancing is legal work carried out by licensed conveyancers and solicitors to transfer ownership of real estate (property) from one party to another.
Why should I choose a licensed conveyancer?
The sole focus of a licensed conveyancer is on property transactions. A licensed conveyancer will not be distracted by other types of legal work. Licensed conveyancers are specialist professionals with an in-depth understanding of property law – in fact, they know property law inside out. When it comes to the legal intricacies of buying and selling real estate, no one is more experienced and qualified to expertly assist you. You can safely leave your property transaction in the hands of a licensed conveyancer, as they carry professional indemnity and fidelity insurance. This means that clients are not only getting the very best expertise, they are also covered in the event of an error.
Why do I need to use conveyancing services?
In Australia, the requirements of buying or selling a property are stringent. This is usually the biggest financial transaction you are likely to undertake. It is highly recommended that buyers or sellers seek professional assistance to ensure the process is completed correctly. It’s important to get it right, as the consequences of making a mistake can be extremely costly. There are significant processes and requirements that must be met in order to complete a transaction and using a conveyancer will help protect your assets.
What’s the difference between a conveyancer and a solicitor?
A solicitor advises clients on their legal rights and obligations in a wide variety of situations. A conveyancer advises clients specifically on the buying and selling of real estate through the conveyancing process. A conveyancer cannot advise or assist with any other areas of law, however.
Hear from some of our clients
Thank you for all your help and patience over the last few months. We would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone who requires a Conveyancing Paralegal as you have done an excellent job with the minimum of fuss and a high professional standard.Ken and Sylvia Gibbs of NSW (Labrador Qld property)
Hi GM Law, thanks so much for all of your assistance in making sure our purchase went smoothly. Your attention to detail was awesome and I will definitely be recommending you to everyone needing assistance with conveyancing. I really appreciated that we were regularly kept up to date as required. Your willingness to assist me with any questions that I had was fantastic and I can’t thank you enough for your warm, personable professionalism. I look forward to you assisting us with our future purchases. Thanks again!Julie
It was just such a pleasant experience for us to let you guys deal with all these issues for us. You are simply the best. We sure will refer GM Law to our friends.Eric
Thanks for your help, you have been brilliant and I would recommend you guys to anyone that asks.Gabrielle Davey
Thank you for managing the sale… process was very smooth and great communication.Paul
We are very happy with the service you are providing to us, and will be sure to refer you to all our friends.Vanja Perovic-Vukotic, Sunnybank, Qld
We really appreciated your expertise and efficiency on the sale of our home. We will definitely be spreading the word and keeping GM Law details handy for when requiring your services again. Thanks again and congratulations to you on a job well done!Jane & David Barker, Southport, Qld
Thank you for your professional, courteous and straightforward service!Liz
Why invest in the Gold Coast?
The Gold Coast is a beautiful part of the world to live in and is understandably a prime target for savvy property investors.
Wedged between 52 km of pristine beaches and stunning hinterland, the Gold Coast is a beautiful area to live and work. Your proximity to stunning rainforests, coastal areas and a bustling metropolis makes this city a drawcard for over half a million Australians, and over 13 million tourists every year.
International developers often have their eye on the Gold Coast. With an array of impressive high-rise buildings being built, tourism and population growth is only expected to increase. On top of this, the government is investing billions of dollars into infrastructure and transport, with these upgrades likely to boost housing prices in coming years.
Gold Coast house prices have grown steadily over the past few years, reaching an all-time median price peak. This growth is expected to continue, particularly after the attention the area received during the 2018 Commonwealth Games.