Residential Conveyancing when you are selling
OUR CONVEYANCING SERVICES FOR SELLERS INCLUDE:
- Maintaining regular contract with you to ensure you are always kept up to date with the progress of your sale
- Clarifying in simple terms your rights and obligations under the terms of the contract
- Conducting and providing advice on a title search of the property to ensure that there are no third-party interests affecting the property that you may not be aware of and that may place you in default of the contract
- Monitoring any preconditions to the contract to ensure the buyer fulfils their obligations under those preconditions. For example, a buyer must act reasonably when attempting to terminate a contract if they are not satisfied with their building and pest inspection or, where a contract is subject to a buyer obtaining finance, the buyer must be able to demonstrate that they had taken reasonable steps to obtain finance before terminating
- Checking the accuracy of the transfer documents prepared by the buyer’s solicitor and arranging for you to properly execute those transfers prior to settlement
- Coordinating settlement arrangements with the buyer’s solicitor and your mortgagee and ensuring your mortgage is properly discharged
Conveyancing Sellers NSW
For many people, buying and selling property are the biggest financial transactions they will ever make. It’s understandable that people find the process daunting, as the complexities and legal requirements involved can make it an overwhelming, confusing and stressful time in your life.
It’s a big decision to sell your home – and an even bigger one to undertake the process by yourself. There’s a lot you need to know before selling your property, and there are many pitfalls to avoid, including:
- Failure to fully understand the complexities of NSW real estate and property law – leading to legal headaches and costly errors.
- · Failure to meet all the special contract conditions – as these must all be reasonable and met in a timely manner.
- Failure to price your home correctly – as under-pricing your home will lead to a poor financial return on your investments, while over-pricing your home will cause it to sit on the market for months, or even years.
- Failure to sell at the right time and in the right way – as this may make it much harder to sell your house at a financially viable price.
To get the best outcome from your sale, you need to thoroughly understand the selling process in NSW. You need to understand all the legal requirements, as well as the right time and best method to sell, how to attract the right buyer, and how to get the best price when you sell. On top of that, you’ll need to know the current NSW market value of your property, as well as the costs and taxes involved in selling your home. However, most people simply don’t have the necessary knowledge to successfully undertake the process themselves.
That’s where a conveyancer can make all the difference.
Using the services of a licensed conveyancer can make the process of selling your NSW home straightforward, simple and hassle-free. A conveyancer can help you:
Meet your contractual, legal and financial obligations
- Prepare a bulletproof contract
- Negotiate the sale price
- Meet special contract conditions
- Manage all the documentation
- Meet necessary timelines
In short, a licensed conveyancer will take care of the whole process for you, leaving you with certainty and confidence that your property sale will proceed smoothly.
Can I sell my NSW property without a conveyancer?
You can attempt a conveyance on your own – but it’s generally not a wise move. While it’s not a legal requirement to use a conveyancer when selling your property, getting professional assistance will ensure the process is completed correctly. The requirements of selling a property in NSW are stringent, and you need to have a very clear knowledge of
what to look for and how to proceed. Without a conveyancer you can quickly run into difficulties dealing with the complexities of property and real estate law. The consequences of making a mistake can be extremely costly, and you will be held liable in the event of an error or oversight. Plus, going it alone means you have no insurance to cover you if something goes wrong.
Rather than stumbling through on your own when selling your property, it’s safer and more economical to get solid legal advice. This will help you sell your property as quickly as you can and make the process of moving on from your property efficient, straightforward and practical – rather than stressful, time-consuming and costly.
Why choose GM Law for your property conveyance?
With GM Law, your property sale is in the most capable hands. Our skilled and expert conveyancers are highly trained and dedicated to customer service and have the highest levels of property law and real estate experience. For more detailed information on how we can assist you to sell your NSW property, call 1300 185 636.
Thank you for all your help and patience over the last few months. We would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone who requires a Conveyancing Paralegal as you have done an excellent job with the minimum of fuss and a high professional standard.Ken and Sylvia Gibbs of NSW (Labrador Qld property)
Hi GM Lawyers, thanks so much for all of your assistance in making sure our purchase went smoothly. Your attention to detail was awesome and I will definitely be recommending you to everyone needing assistance with conveyancing. I really appreciated that we were regularly kept up to date as required. Your willingness to assist me with any questions that I had was fantastic and I can’t thank you enough for your warm, personable professionalism. I look forward to you assisting us with our future purchases. Thanks again!Julie
It was just such a pleasant experience for us to let you guys deal with all these issues for us. You are simply the best. We sure will refer GM Lawyers to our friends.Eric
Thanks for your help, you have been brilliant and I would recommend you guys to anyone that asks.Gabrielle Davey
Thank you for managing the sale… process was very smooth and great communication.Paul
We are very happy with the service you are providing to us, and will be sure to refer you to all our friends.Vanja Perovic-Vukotic, Sunnybank, Qld
We really appreciated your expertise and efficiency on the sale of our home. We will definitely be spreading the word and keeping GM Lawyers details handy for when requiring your services again. Thanks again and congratulations to you on a job well done!Jane & David Barker, Southport, Qld
Thank you for your professional, courteous and straightforward service!Liz